Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-370st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! The AIO CPU cooler in my Phoenix has begun making "tick of death" sounds at the pump. Based on the radiator size alone, I've purchased a lovely CoolerMaster unit. That was a mistake. Regrettably, it does not fit in the cramped confines of the case. I've searched the forums here for any reference to the maker of the OEM cooler or any known substitutes for it to no avail.

Does ANYONE have any idea where a replacement for this chiller unit can be had?  The machine is still more than adequate  - especially after upgrading the video card to an RTX-2070! Please help me not to have to scrap this beast!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@McTechnical , welcome to the Community.

HP is working with Cooler Master AIO's on their new computers.  You may want to contact their Tech Support to see if they can give you any ideas.  The only other coolers that may work are the Corsair H50 or H60 (RGB) AIO.  Again, you can contact Corsair's Tech Support to see what they have to say.  I know the H50 has worked on some newer HP motherboards.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks - I will look into the two models you cite. There isn't a lot of package space within the 810-370st case. I considered moving the whole works to a roomier case, but I really like the way the original case is laid out for the external ports. Modifying the case as I did for the video card would be a bit more extreme, and would affect its envelope on the shelf, so getting a unit to fit the original space is my best bet!

As an aside for others in similar straits, I removed the cooler from the case after making the post above and found a few labels on the chiller. According to one, the HP P/N is 657398-004 - a number that hit pay dirt with several used and refurbished units, as well as some "NIB" units from China on eBay. It's buyer beware with either, but I've ordered one of each - the refurb to hopefully get me out of immediate jeopardy (this is a 24x7 machine), and the Chinese unit to hopefully get me another 6 years out of this beastie... If the "NIB" unit is good, I'll follow up here with information on the vendor it came from, if such information is allowed to be posted here.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @McTechnical!

Thank you for the additional information on the OEM cooler.  There is always a risk buying from China and on ebay, but if that is your only choices, great to have them.

Good luck!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.