Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am thinking of installing a firewire card ( so I can transfer my DV camcorder tapes to PC).

There appears a spare slot at the back of the PC. Would there be a PCI slot available via the motherboard?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Status92 wrote:

Many thanks for your reply, Banhien.

I cannot find details of the model number of my Pavilion 570 which was bought online from a major UK retailer.All it says on the invoice is

but I seem to get reduced image quality after the DV tape transfer from my Sony TRV14E Handycam. As firewire is now no longer an option, I may need to consider getting another brand of capture/converter( using a USB)........

@Status92 

HP Support Assistant (HPSA) software should tell you what is the model/product of your machine is . My machines for example:

prd name.png

I converted many VHS tapes and my old Canon MMX250i DV tapes to MP4. We won't expect to get good results because many mp4 files now have FHD, UHD (4K) even 8K, 12K resolution but VHS and may be DV tapes are no better than DVD standard resolution. Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Status92 

What is your HP Pavilion 570- ??? For example  HP Pavilion 570-p081a , its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05540141

The above machine only has

• Expansion Slots:
    • One PCI-E x16 socket                   (occupied by GTX 730)
    • One M.2 socket 1, key A              (for WLAN)
    • One M.2 socket 3, key M             (for M.2 SSD)

No other PCI slot for adding Firewire port. People are talking about USB options, please try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXabtqtMMIE

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I cannot find details of the model number of my Pavilion 570 which was bought online from a major UK retailer.All it says on the invoice is

HP Pavilion 570 Desktop PC, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 2TB, AMD Radeon R5, Natural Silver

Where would I be able to find the model number? There appears to be only the serial number at the back of the tower so I probably will have to ask HP.

Despite a spare slot, it looks very unlikely that there is  PCI capability for a firewire card.

I have tried the USB route already, having used a

ClimaxDigital VCAP302 USB 2.0 VHS to DVD Video Capture/Converter/DVD Maker Kit

but I seem to get reduced image quality after the DV tape transfer from my Sony TRV14E Handycam. As firewire is now no longer an option, I may need to consider getting another brand of capture/converter( using a USB)........

HP Recommended

@Status92 wrote:

@Status92 

HP Support Assistant (HPSA) software should tell you what is the model/product of your machine is . My machines for example:

prd name.png

I converted many VHS tapes and my old Canon MMX250i DV tapes to MP4. We won't expect to get good results because many mp4 files now have FHD, UHD (4K) even 8K, 12K resolution but VHS and may be DV tapes are no better than DVD standard resolution. Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.