Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Desktop 570-p094
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At random times throughout the day while I am using my computer the usb port on the front and the usb ports on the back of the computer would just stop working.  Only the usb 3.0 ports on the back of the computer would work. Also the Bluetooth would stop working too. To temporarily fix the issue I would restart my computer but the problem would just come back later. It is getting really annoying.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

There is a pretty good troubleshooter here for USBs on HP PC's with Windows 10.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The troubleshooter didn't work. The problem didn't go away.

HP Recommended

When I go to Device Manager and go to Universal Serial Bus controllers, the "AMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)" has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. When I look at its properties and look at the Device status, it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

HP Recommended

That's very helpful, thank you.

Go back and right-click the AMD

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host.

Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.

After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.

Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

Let it reinstall the driver for you, make sure to power the PC off from within Windows and see if the error is removed, and if it solves the issue.

HP Recommended

That temporarily solved the issue but it just came back. I'm also noticing that it happens more frequently while I'm playing a video game on my computer.

HP Recommended

If you didn't install a device or make changes in the device manager just previous to issue starting...

Then I would make sure that you update Windows and see if that fixes it.

If not you'll need to go back and remove all the usb devices and let Windows reinstall the drivers for them.

HP Recommended

Tried both of those. Didn't work. I'm really starting to think my computer just sucks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.