Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 11

I am unable to do copy multiple files, while selecting by using Shift, it gets scroll and went to last file. In web page, it scrolls and reaches last file, I have no idea whether issues with Windows 11 or hardware of driver issue. Hence I have given Driver Issue Category. Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nandhaki -- be sure that you are not clicking-down the scroll-wheel on your mouse.

If you do, then physically moving your mouse up/down will cause Windows to scroll the current window.

HP Recommended

No. I am not clicking. Could you please help me to resolve it ?

HP Recommended

@Nandhaki -- have you tried holding-down the CTRL key, and then "clicking" on just the files you want to select, e.g., click on "file 1", then click on "file 2", then click on "file 5", and then release the CTRL key. You will see that 3 files have been selected.

Or, click on the first file to select it. Then hold-down the SHIFT key, and keep tapping the "down-arrow" key, until you have highlighted a consecutive list of files. Release the SHIFT key. Then, any action, e.g., CUT or DELETE, will affect all the selected files.

>> Pavilion Laptop 15

Keep the palms of your hands far away from the laptop's touchpad, to avoid it becoming part of your "selection" task.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.