Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q119 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I tried to turn on my computer  today, it was making a series of beeping sounds: 3 long beeps, then 4 quick beeps. Also, my monitor is black.

I tried unplugging and holding down the start button for 15 seconds as someone suggested, but this didn’t help. I believe I forgot my PC in sleep mode for a few days and wondering if this was the trigger.

My PC is an HP All-in-One I purchased three years ago.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Hardware

The Main-Board displays a power failure (crowbar).*

Indicates potential power system failure.

1 Reduce to minimum config (CPU, Main-Board, PSU,

Single memory DIMM) and isolate failed component.

2 Reduce further if issue persists.

3 Test known good PSU.

4 Replace affected component.

5 If unable to confirm source, replace CPU, Main-Board, PSU.

I suggest that it is a fault that wants an expert to diagnose, like a good local PC shop.

AND potentially expensive, so if you get an opinion and a price please post the details, and someone may be able to assess the viability of the repair.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. With Best Buy’s help, I managed to start my PC. They thought it was the Intel Graphic Driver so they reinstalled it. However, when I started my computer again this morning, the same thing happened. I will ask them to take another look and let them know the steps you suggested.

HP Recommended

Hi

Windows Logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
(This key sequence actually restarts you graphics driver (W10 only).)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.