smilaonline
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Error Message 0x6100006

HP Recommended
Hp Officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am unable to print.   I  continue to receive message with error code ox6oooo6.   I have followed all of the steps and none work.

4 REPLIES 4
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,769 26,642 1,466 1,535
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@smilaonline

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you are getting Error Message 0x6100006 on your printer. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

When did this issue start?

Did you do any changes to the printer?

Meanwhile

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Remove and reinstall the cartridges

Step 1: Remove the cartridges

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. Place your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull forward to open the cartridge access door. The carriage should move to the center of the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage is idle before proceeding.

Figure : The slot on the left side of the printer

Image: The slot on the left side of the printer
  3. Press the front of a cartridge to release it, and then pull it toward you to remove it from its slot.

CAUTION:

Do not leave the cartridges outside of the printer for an extended period of time. This can result in damage to both the printer and the cartridges.

Figure : Remove the cartridges

Image: Remove the cartridges.
  4. Check the cartridges for damage.

• If you find a damaged cartridge, obtain a new cartridge, remove it from its packaging, and then continue to the next step. The steps to reinstall the cartridge are the same for installing a new cartridge.

• If the cartridge is not damaged, continue to the next step to reinstall the cartridges.

Step 2: Reinstall the cartridges

1. Slide the cartridge into its slot, and then gently push it forward until it clicks into place. Make sure that the colored dot on the cartridge label matches the colored dot on the slot.

Figure : Insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot

Image: Insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot.
  2. Repeat these steps for the other cartridges.

3. Close the cartridge access door.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2K5NdZ1

(Note: Though the title of the document is different, these steps should fix the issue)

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
smilaonline
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The suggested fix did not work.  As I said I am able to print from other browsers, Google Chrome is the issue.

0 Kudos
imaspen
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The ink carriage  carriage cannot move. It says to clear the paper jam. There is no paper . I have gone online and have followed everything it says about checking in all the different places for paper jams or torn paper. There is none and the carriage does not move when I open the door. Then when I try to tune it off it says that there are missing cartilages and there is none missing. I received this from a friend  so it is not new but it was working properly. I bluetoothed it to my computers and phone printed test pages and then moved it to the table that it is setting on and then when my husband went to print the carriage won’t move or it moves slightly. You can hear gears moving but the carriage won’t move or sometimes slightly moves. 

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,520 23,478 1,067 1,099
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@imaspen
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like a hardware related issue with the printer. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation