Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 110 - 210 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have problem with my computer HP 110 - 210 Desktop PC. It happened sudenly.

When I turn my computer on, it first shows a screen with this message "Preparing Automatic Repair", then another message "Diagnosing your PC". Then, it shows a blue screen with the message:

AUTOMATIC REPAIR

Your PC did not start correctly

Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press "Advanced options" to try           other options to repair your PC.

I pressed "Restart", and when the computer restart, it shows the same messages.

Please, can someone help me fix it?.

Ouatt.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@OUATT

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP 110-210 Desktop PC. I read that the PC does not boot into Windows and says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then another message appears saying  "Diagnosing your PC". Then it suggests to restart your HP PC and when the PC restarts, the same issue repeats. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the PC post which this may have started?
  • Did any other changes take place on the PC?

Meanwhile, I did some research and recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please run a hard drive test on the PC.
  • Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the hard drive. First, run the quick test and only if it passes you may run the extensive test on the hard drive. 

If the hard drive test passes then I suggest to perform a Windows refresh (repair). You may refer to the steps mentioned under "Refreshing your computer when Windows will not open to the Start screen" from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi,

How are you? Thank you for helping. The problem still there. I followed the steps you mentioned; all the tests passed. Then, I tried to refresh the PC. On the screen "Choose an Option", I selected the option "Troubleshoot". On the screen "Troubleshoot", I just have three options: "Reset this PC", "Recovery Manger", and "Advanced options". I don't have the option "Refresh Your PC".

Also, the last time I used my computer, everything was fine; I did not notice any change. The only thing I remember is that my antivirus expired a few days ago, but I did not renew it yet. So I don't remember any change that happened on my computer these last days.

Thanks.

OUATT

HP Recommended

@OUATT

You're welcome. 🙂

I read that your laptop does not offer the refresh option. But you may choose to reset it. Please note that the reset option will delete all data and restore your laptop to its original factory settings. Even the recovery manager option will reinstall the original Windows copy with the original software that were shipped with the laptop. These options may or may not give you an option to take a data backup before reinstalling the Windows operating system.

Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.