Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The Recovery CD was purchased from a company here in the UK

called Software Repair World

Regards

Robert

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions with F10 key only to arrive as all other occasions with the small 'Blue Screen' with the words

Enter Administrator Password with a date 03/21/2019

Many thanks and Regards 

HP Recommended

Hi, Robert:

It sounds to me like your PC has a BIOS password on there which is not allowing you to proceed any further.

There is a clear password jumper on the motherboard you can do something with to clear the P/W, but no instructions are provided for what to do.

Last section on the link below.

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Lincs | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

The plot thickens and I think that in all honesty I have reached the 'final countdown' as I have literally spent hours searching through, and trying, to no avail all of the passwords that I have listed and none works for me.

I have great patience, and needed it with working in the public domain most of my life as a Tour Guide, as you can imagine, but this problem has me beat.

I had thought about sending it back to HP here in England for their opinion, but they would not really be interested is a machine that out of warranty.

Thank you Paul for all of your hard work in trying to resolve this. 'Old Codgers' problem.

Regards

Robert

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Robert.

You'll have to take it in to a local repair shop and see if they can remove the BIOS password.

There would be a few combinations of what to do as far as clearing the password.

It could be simply removing the jumper from its existing position and powering on the PC.

It could be moving the jumper to an adjacent set of pins on the motherboard and then powering on the PC.

etc.. etc.

Most likely a PC repair shop would be able to return your PC to working order.

How much they would charge...that I do not know.

It depends on how long it takes them to figure out the sequence to clear the P/W with the jumper.

HP Recommended

Hello
indeed, I doubt I can give the page here
but for a similar model, it's relatively simple

Cavaliers de réinitialisation du CMOS et du mot de passe dans la position par défaut

the other one

hp indicates the procedure

Clear CMOS and clear password jumper in the default position

But the rules of the forum prohibit giving this type of information

d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello Paul once more,

The time has come the walrus said, to speak of many things, etc

I think that this machine is a jinx machine and always will be. and I think that, I do not put much confidence on this HP machine at all.

What would have caused this problem in the first place in your opinion?

I have not broke its seal and I have not opened it.

It has been stored in a dry atmosphere for the past two years, and to be honest I do not feel like spending time and money on it Paul. and as you have said:

It depends on how long it takes them to figure out the sequence to clear the P/W with the jumper.

Kind regards

Robert

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know why the password appeared.

Usually, the PC owner sets the BIOS password in the BIOS security settings. 

But there are unusual circumstances when a system problem triggers a password to be set without the user having done nothing to set one. 

Anyway, the PC is useless unless that P/W can be removed. 

HP Recommended

Hello Promethee

Many thanks for your concerns and your valuable help in this matter.

Your knowledge is appreciated but my confidence in this HP PC from the beginning has not be great, the supplier took it back and returned it as a working machine, which did not last long,  and at this moment I am rather fed up to say the least.

I again thank this HP site for all of its help.

Kindest regards to all

Robert

HP Recommended

Pity
if I had been close to you, I would have gladly tried to help you.
After a 50/50 chance that what I found works ..
Okay, if you ever need help again, don't hesitate!
take care of you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.