Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop PC S01-pF3000i (6V2M1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My 13 month old PC is out of warranty by a small number of weeks.

There does not appear to be any complaints department or anyone that I can speak to regarding my issue.

The PC is dead and does not work.

It would appear my only resort is to pay for a repair on a nearly new PC.

I'm struggling to see how a large company like HP disregards customers in this way.

I have called tech support who couldn't help - they directed me to post sales - they have now directed me to tech support.

It would appear there is no way for me to escalate this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @BL-NI 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Sorry to see you're having a problem.

This Forum is mostly volunteers so we have no influence on how any OEM conducts business.

Your PC is out of warranty if you did not purchase an extended warranty.

Describe (in detail) what the PC is doing. Maybe the problem can be corrected without replacing hardware.

Or have a local PC Tech take a look. The cost of repair using a local PC Tech may be less than having HP factory service since your PC is out of warranty.

Regards

HP Recommended

The PC powers on with light and fan for approx. 5 seconds then shuts down.

No screen output and no response of any kind.

Any advice appreciated - also do you have any numbers or emails for HP for a complaint.

It is difficult to believe that they don't have one but I definitely cant find any.

HP Recommended

Hi @BL-NI 

Thanks for the additional info.

Yes, the PC does seem to have a hardware problem. Only connect: mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

Try to start the PC again.

A local PC Tech would be the way to go. The Tech can methodically swap in different components to find the bad part.

I don't have any special way to contact HP. This Link to contact HP is all I have .

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.