Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0800no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know how i can make sure that my desktop does not automatically start downloading win 11.

The reason is that even though it should be ready according the the green checkmark and that the TMP is enabled in the B IOS the upgrade fails anyway.'

Hence I like to know if anyone have experiences with editing in the reg.DB somewhere at "Local machine"/..... and entering 21H2 at the target version

Thx in advance 

Jesper Ernst

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This article at the link below has the steps to do that.

How to Block the Windows 11 Update From Installing on Windows 10 (howtogeek.com)

They also show how you can do that with the group policy editor.

I only have W10 Pro and W11 Pro, so I don't know if W10 Home has such an option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

This article at the link below has the steps to do that.

How to Block the Windows 11 Update From Installing on Windows 10 (howtogeek.com)

They also show how you can do that with the group policy editor.

I only have W10 Pro and W11 Pro, so I don't know if W10 Home has such an option.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul - thx a lot for super swift reaction

I did what you suggested - except I added 21H2 as the value since that is the latest release for Win 10 Home.

After a restart Win Update is No Longer 🙂 trying to push Win 11 to my pc

Thanks a lot - you saved my day

have a nice weekend 

Best regards Jesper Ernst

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Jesper.

You have a great weekend too!

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.