Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pav 510-p124nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening, I purchased this used desktop PC. (HP Pav 510-p124nl      Y6Y19EA#ABZ)
It was delivered to me without the recovery partition.
I downloaded the correct recovery partition using the cloud recovery tool.
when the computer finishes restoring, it show the error "component: windows 10 PIN diagnostic tools ReD - CPS" "Timing: factoryUpdate" "Error: incorrect brand name" "next step: please check model name or feature byte" will appear.

I have already tried to download a new ISO with the tool, checking the PC code correctly, correct. each time always the same problem during recovery.
I await news. thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@michele95 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your system recovery isn't going through due to the error-"Incorrect brand name",

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details: 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart? 

Please create the recovery media one more time using HP cloud recovery and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

good evening, I have already tried to restore 3 times.
I also created the usb support for the second time using another pen drive and checked the correct code of my PC.
every time he returns the usual error.
I also tried updating the bios and it says no error.

(unfortunately the mistake was made at first to delete the recovery partition)

HP Recommended

@michele95

Thank you for the information. 

In that case, I would suggest you order the recovery media.

Please contact our phone support to order the recovery media.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.