Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C8AV)

Hey,

My pc: HP {avilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a

I want to put a new graphic card in this PC, I was thinking of the "MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Gaming", but I don't know if it compatible? if not, what can I do to make it work?

kind regards,

Victor

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @victorjanssen 

Welcome back to the HP Forum.

The TP01-2000a specs list a 180 watt power supply. The R9 390 requires a 600 watt power supply having (one) six pin and and (one) eight pin PSU connections to the graphics card.

This graphics card upgrade may not be an option because HP limits power supply upgrade options to a 500 watt proprietary HP power supply.

I also don't believe a 10.9 inch graphics card (length) will fit in the TP01-2000a case. You would have to measure along the PCIe x16 slot to verify the R9 390 fits in the case.

You might be able to run the R9 390, if it fits in your case, on a HP 500 watt PSU but this part is very hard to find at this time.

Check eBay for HP part number L05757-800. 

Check this Site for some graphics card that work with your case when using the HP 500 watt power supply.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.