Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 24-xa1009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Somehow my friend has managed to corrupt his BIOS on his PC.

I’ve tried running BIOS recovery (Winkey + B and Win key + V) but no luck.

The HP support page has no firmware files listed. Only a link to order Recovery Media.

I would really like a link to a suitable bios.

Much luv,

Reno

Edit: Computer will be returned to retailer, so topic is closed. Thanks anyway.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'll see if I can find it for you, first I need some info.

Hold the power button down for 4 seconds to shut it down.

Start it back up and repeatedly press the ESC key.

When the Startup Menu appears press the F1 key for System Information(or click BIOS, you may also have BIOS recovery option there) and jot down the BIOS version/revision and the system board ID and let me know what they are.

Ps. When you held down Win+B key(or V) was it booting into windows, or shutting the computer down? If so, you may want to try a few more times.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I think you misunderstood. The firmware is corrupted and there is no startup menu. (even when pushing Esc at startup)

It’s not my AIO. I’m looking at it for a friend as I used to work in IT, so they asked me to help them out. 

Last thing they did was leave a game running. When starting it up, they got a message complaining about the corrupt bios and to check out an article on hp support (which pretty much goes through firmware recovery.)

I need the BIOS file, however after entering the S/N on HP support, the page is empty. It only has a link to buy recovering media.

I got feelers out to HP atm. So hopefully I’ll get the file soon.

HP Recommended

No worries, might wanna ask them if this is it:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96691.exe 

You can find the details Here.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yea, I think that BIOS is for the xa1000i. I did have it on a USB earlier  to try it, just-in-case since firmware updates have verification checks in case it was wrong but it didn't pick the firmware up. So not the right one, I guess.

I have to say, updating firmware via an automatic update is moronic. Goodness knows what HP/Microsoft where thinking in that partnership.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.