Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
24-r002nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, my 3 years old HP AIO 24-r002nl was perfectly working as far as yesterday. Today, when I press the poweron button keeping down the Esc key, the Startup Menu appears as always with its different offers. Anyhow, only System Information (F1) and System Diagnostics (F2) - perfectly correct - do run. So I'm not able to choose the Boot Device Options (F9) - very important to load USB pens, or other installed OS -, the BIOS Setup (F10), the System Recovery (F11), and the Network Boot (F12). If I press Return, I quickly enter into Windows 10 (correctly working in my UEFI GPT disk). I thought that the BIOS got corrupted, and so I tried to poweron keeping Win+B down. I hear 8 sounds, then continuosly 2 long + 2 short beeps do alternate many times, but no screen appears. I tried to reload the CMOS (Win+S), but no success at all. What to do? Thanks for a kind help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Today I updated my BIOS to the most recent one through Windows 10. Nothing changed as concerns the Startup Menu (no response by Boot Device Options, F9). Anyhow, I found that through these Windows 10 steps: "Settings, Update&Security, Recovery, Advanced startup, Restart now, Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup Settings", I could boot from a USB pen. Thus, I was able to install a more confortable Linux distribution, MX19, and resolve my work problems.

HP Recommended

@giocitta

Welcome to HP support community.

Install all available updates.

1. Click the Start. button. ...
  2. Click Settings. . ...
  3. Click Update & security. It's the option with two curved arrows.
  4. Click Check for updates. It's at the top of the right panel. ...
  5. Restart your computer when prompted. ...
  6. Troubleshoot a failed update.

If the issue persist, perform system recovery.

Here are the steps:- Click here

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hy Sandytechy20,

thanks for your suggestion. Sorry for the late answer, but I'm yet waiting to unblock my Windows Update from its impossibility to perform an update. I'll re-answer you later.

My best regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.