Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cm0980na

My laptop has been having trouble, it won’t open certain downloads, it’s won’t uninstall or install new apps. So I’ve tried resetting it but it also won’t reset. I’ve tried troubleshooting and everything I can find on google but my laptop will not reset, is very slow and does not work properly. It then displayed the message in the image attached. But then loaded, however it still won’t download, install, uninstall or restart 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Two possible causes are the system disk or memory.

Run HP Diagnostics. Start the PC. Repeatedly tap "ESC". 

Select "F2". Run component and system tests.

Also test system file integrity by running the System File Checker.

HP Recommended

Hi, I’ve ran those a tests and it passed them all. It won’t let me run a system file checker.

it also keeps appearing with this message whenever I open anything . And will still not reset

2EEA5998-EAA8-4149-A8B9-9A6AF72CF1B8.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi @Tyla14 , @Ty743 

I am confused. Not sure whom I am responding to?

What Anti-Virus software are you using? Try one or more of the following options Here to check the PC outside of Windows.

You can run HP Diagnostics outside of the operating system and get a pass.

A see you get repeated system32 errors and you can't run the System File Checker, This sounds like you may have malware. Or the OS is so corrupted preventing any useful activities.

You may have to do a clean W10 installation. I did not see a HP Cloud Recovery option for your PC Here.

I would scan the disk for malware before backing up data. Maybe this scan will clean the system.

The malware may contaminate a clean W10 system disk if you move the data backup to the fresh W10 install and the data backup contains malware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.