Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14-ax000 Laptop

Hi, I have HP Stream 14-ax000 laptop and it has been running very slow.   I have managed to delete all the files but there is still a lot of programmes and files I cant remove.  Most of them are system files which have previously been downloaded with Windows 10 updates and HP files.  I cannot run the latest Windows 10 update because of the lack of storage.  I have tried all the suggestions on line and it nothing will work due to the lack of storage.  I've also tried to use an external hard drive which has more than sufficient space but again this doesn't work.  I'm literally at the end of my tether.  Please can anyone assist.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The main problem is the "hard drive" on that series line.  It uses a 32GB chip that cannot be made any bigger.

There are some cumbersome methods to get this done but the easiest is to download a new Windows 10 media from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to "using the tool to create installation media" and then follow the directions. 

Use this new media to install Windows 10 clean - that is remove everything on the existing install.

If that does not work, then the latest Windows 10 version might just be too big.

If you need help on how to do that, just come back for instructions.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.