cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

RPC server is unavailable at login

HP Recommended
QE442AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Sudden issue. Desktop not used for several days. Cannot login, when entered get message RPC server is unavailable.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,878 30,827 2,553 3,856
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Peter1966

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you have an RPC server error on your PC,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you make any recent changes to the remote connection or the internet settings?

Have you installed any updates that may have made these changes?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Cause

This error message may occur if the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks component is not turned on on the remote computer.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, turn on the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks component on the remote computer.

More Information

The File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks component must be turned on for many remote-management functions to work. For example, the following commands do not work if the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks component is not turned on.

Click here for more information on the Microsoft website about the same.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Needed professional help to get into the sysytem then made changes. Avast seemed to cause some problems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let me tell you what's wrong with your answer. If I can't sign in, at all, how do you expect me to go to that site? I'm on another computer right now but the other one will not allow me to sign in. I absolutley hate HP. I've had four of them and that's four too many. I just sent the one I use all the time back to have it repaired for the third time. Last time I buy an HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation