Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (182 Views)

Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Product Name: HP Pavillion Dv7 3074ca
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This is a last resort for me.

My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows. Just kept spinning while trying to load.

At this point, I decided to access Recovery Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings. I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows 10, but life lesson learned.

Either way, my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager. I did my diligence and backed up my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system.

I downloaded a copy of Windows 7 and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive, it doesn't prompt to install Windows, just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying "Windows could not complete installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation."

I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows 7 but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy.

I'm at a complete loss right now.....can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option.

What am I missing here guys?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx

I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below :

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (161 Views)

Re: Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Thank you for responding.

These steps aren't relevant.

As I said in my post, I have no access to recovery manager and don't have actual recovery discs or USB.

Is there a way to access the recovery manager with a failed windows installation?

Is there a way to force the hard drive to boot into set up process for windows 7?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation