Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Removing HP drive encryption- no progres please help

HP Recommended
Elitebook G3 1040
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Hoping someone can help.

Ive had the same issues with windows updates not working due to HP drive encryption as many. So ive gone into the CLient secuity app and unchecked the drive to be decrypted to remove.

EXcept its been 5 hours and the progress bar shows no progres.. it jsut says decrypting and its just grey.

Can someone help me? is it actually doing anything? Windows task manager doesnt show any any memory CPU usage? so it seems like nothing is happening?

9 REPLIES 9
adg0
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ive repsoted this to the notebooks section but please reply here also thanks

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,991 577 1,701
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've reposted this to the notebooks section but please reply here also

Sigh.  Please stick to one open question for one open problem, so that all persons who respond can see the responses from other persons, and so that all the responses are together, and don't duplicate the same response.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,991 577 1,701
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
phil-denton
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried to follow that link and got an access denied message.  Can you please post the results/steps/solution here?  I've got a client with a 250G SSD who has been "decrypting" for about 18 hours now and I'm not seeing any progress either.  HP EliteBook 840 G3 running Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586.

0 Kudos
phil-denton
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now i can visit that link but it shows up as a Deleted Post (which I can't see).  Any help?

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,991 577 1,701
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
phil-denton
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link!  I spent about an hour and a half searching the forums with a similar phrase this morning but haven't found an answer yet.  I think I only went through three pages of results but it would seem that very few posters are coming back here with answers...

0 Kudos
phil-denton
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PS  The last link you shared is also unavailable to me.  Apparently the post is deleted.  Maybe there's something wrong with my account?  Or do you just have forum superpowers that let you see more than everyone else? 🙂

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,991 577 1,701
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@phil-denton@  wrote:

The last link you shared is also unavailable to me.  Apparently the post is deleted.  Maybe there's something wrong with my account?  Or do you just have forum superpowers that let you see more than everyone else? 🙂

Of course, I have superpowers -- I had to pay thousands of dollars to get a private telephone-booth installed in my office. 🙂

I have no problems accessing:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Removing-HP-drive-encryption-no...

It is one of the web-pages returned by that "search" page that I cited.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation