late13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Teredo Tunneling adapter

HP Recommended
HP mod#p6-2103wb
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

when i run the troubleshooter on my system i get;   problum with microsoft teredo tunneling adapter.     when i try to run a fix it does not work.

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
127,906 118,084 19,209 29,370
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if watching this video is of help to you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K607yrJBoo

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,687
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  Problem with Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.    When i try to run a fix it does not work.

Teredo is a transition technology that gives full IPv6 connectivity for IPv6-capable hosts that are on the IPv4 Internet but have no native connection to an IPv6 network.

Question: do you have a need for your computer to communicate with a computer that has an IPv6 IP-address, but which does not announce its IPv4 IP-address?

Probable answer:  you do not need it.  If you did, then the system-administrator of that remote computer will give you instructions on how to use Toredo to access that remote computer.

The Other Person referenced a YouTube video that disables Toredo.

From a "computer-security" point-of-view, it's probably good to disable what which you never will use -- lock-and-bar a door into your home that you never use.

Anyway, the trouble-shooter is correct, but, in this case, is "irrelevant" to your needs. So, just IGNORE that error-message.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation