Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 400 G4 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Product Name: HP prodesk 400 G4 MT
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)

I load windows 7 64 bit in HP Prodesh 400 G4 MT but usb not working.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=15292287#!tab=specs

I visited HP web support. They tell this product HP 400 G4 MT support windows 7 through downgrade windows 10.

But how can i downgrade from win 10 to win 7 when i not yet load win7 first?

Windows 10 Pro 64 – HP recommends Windows 10 Pro. 1 
Windows 10 Home 64 1 
Windows 10 Pro 64 (National Academic License) 2 
Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 1 
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro) 3 
FreeDOS 2.0
NeoKylin Linux® 64

Pls help me how to setup win7 on HP 400 G4 MT to using USB.

Thanks and best regards !!!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Enter the BIOS and go to the advanced tab and then Boot options. Put a checkmark in the USB storage boot option.

YOu will need to have the disk volume in MBR format instead of the GPT format it was likely to have been delivered in.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @HoangSonVNese :

You have to use this utility to put the USB3 drivers into your W7 USB installation media.

There is a readme link on the webpage for how to use the utility.

Download the file for the operating system you plan to run the utility on.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

If your PC has the Kaby Lake chipset (7th generation core processor), there are no graphics drivers for any other operating system but W10.

You will have to try modifying the W10 Intel graphics driver or install a supported video card that has W7 driver support.

See this discussion for how to modify the graphics driver...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/installation-of-intel-video-car...

HP Recommended

actually i chose it already.

i was setup 2 ways UEFI and LEGACY..but not helpful

HP Recommended
I'm also having the same issue actually how to fix the problem
Anyone please reply
HP Recommended

I see the utility often given as advice for this issue. I'm curious how you would handle my scenario. I am running SCCM Current Branch 1702 with my boot images created by Windows ADK for Win10. On most models of HP, everything works fine. With this model, I have no mouse and keyboard after my imaging process.

I have tried to add drivers from the WinPE kit from HP and injected the USB drivers into my boot image, but it didn't work. I mean, the injection worked fine, but still no mouse and keyboard after the OSD is over.

HP Recommended

> With this model, I have no mouse and keyboard after my imaging process.

Does the USB keyboard have any lamps, such as "power" or "caps lock" or "numeric lock" ?

Does the mouse have a "ball" or a "laser" to detect movements?

Do those lamps go out, or the laser go dark, when Windows does NOT load a device-driver for the USB 3 circuits on the motherboard?

> I have tried to add drivers from the WinPE kit from HP and injected the USB drivers into my boot image, but it didn't work.

> I mean, the injection worked fine, but still no mouse and keyboard after the OSD is over.

That "darkness" makes me suspect that the injection did not work, or that the boot-image bypassed the loading of the required device-drivers, or did not load the device-drivers "early-enough" during the boot process.

HP Recommended

Yes, the laser is shining properly, so I believe the USB port is active, but not communicating on some level.

The lights on the keyboard to indicate caps lock and scroll lock do not light up, regardless of where it is plugged in. Even if I use the same port the mouse does light up with.

Last night I decided to try WIN10 LTSB instead of the WIN7 Enterprise that is used mostly in our 5000 computer environment, and it worked fine. Mouse and keyboard working perfectly after running the imaging process.

I guess it's time for us to move over to WIN10 if the new models of machines from HP will no longer allow a trouble-free (or minimal trouble) install of WIN7E.

Thank you for your kind response.

HP Recommended

> I guess it's time for us to move over to WIN10 ...

Microsoft has stated that the "sunset" for Windows 7 will be January 2020 -- not-quite 30 months away.

If you have 5400 computers in your environment that will need to be upgraded to Windows 10 by that date, that is 180 computers per month, or about 9 per day (assuming 20 business-days during a month).

Also assuming that you do not take any "sick" or "vacation" days.  :Crying:

{edited to correct incorrect mathematics !] 

HP Recommended

We basically wait until a  machine is out of scope for life/performance, and then dispose of it and image the new box the way we want it. So, your schedule will not be put to use.  :generic:

Thankfully! I retire in 5 years, and  don't intend to spend a year and a half of it doing nothing but imaging computers. :indifferent:

I appreciate you time and attention.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.