Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Omen is structured with a C: and D; drive. D has lots of space but C: has less than 8 MB so windows updates fail.
I have sooooo much space on D but Windows 1o and Outlook 365 and email OST/NST files can't be redirected to D. I've already asked Microsoft and they said no.

Is there a way to make my entire drive c: so I don't have an issue with running out of space in C: ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

1. step
Run cmd (admin) and type in:

powercfg /h off

2. step
Go to start>Settings (gear symbol)>System

On the left side you find "storage"
Under Storage you find: storage location for new contents
There you find Documents, Music, Pictures etc.
Click and in the pull down menue you find (D:)
Select that for all except "New Apps"

3. step
Go to C:\Users\<your name>\...
Rightclick on Documents and select properties
Here you select path (location)

C:\Users\<your name>\Documents  and change to D:\<your name>\Documents

So delete C:\Users\ and replace it by D:\

Be carefull that you do it as mentioned!

Repeat that for all folders except (!) one drive

Then click on temporary files and delete .

HP Recommended

@ninsights 

I believe you asked how to combine "C" and "D" into "C" alone.

But what you were told was how to move stuff from "C" to "D" -- which is what I would have done, instead.

IF you still want to combine the partitions, then come back with that and I will provide instructions.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.