Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (125 Views)

how to change boot order (USB first) when the screen shows "choose an option"

Product Name: Pavilion Desktop - 550-a114
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

After I reset my computer with back file, window does not work. Instead, it directly goes to "choose an option". Although I try to solve problem through restore or other ways that I could, I cannot still access window. If it cannot be solved, I want to format my computer. In this case, how can I format C drive? I have a USB including window file and need to change the boot order to use USB. But I do not know how to change because it directly goes to "choose an option". Please share me the best solution to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: how to change boot order (USB first) when the screen shows "choose an option"

Hi:

1. Make sure you have the USB recovery drive plugged into a USB 2 port.  It won't work from a USB 3 port.

2. Restart the PC and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the ESC key to get the options menu.

3.  Select the F9 boot options menu, and then select the USB drive from the list and hit the enter key.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation