aktravel
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

BIOS Update Issue

HP Recommended
Pavillion 510-p114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Immediately following the latest bios update from HP, the motherboard cooling fan on my Pavillion 510-p114 desktop has begun to act very erratic. I get the blue screen warning on startup (90B) and when I press enter to continue, the fan revs at abnormally high speeds, then slows to normal, then stops, then revs again, etc. This occurs for several minutes then it stops and the fan appears to run normally for awhile. Without warning, the process starts again at various times during the day. I tested the fan- OK. I inspected the capacitors- all seem OK. I cleaned the inside thoroughly- no help. Any suggestions? I feel sure it was the BIOS update, but HP wants to charge me for assistance with their update issues!

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,008 24,659 2,879 10,660
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aktravel, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that may or may not help solve your problem.  As it says, the process doesn't always solve the problem due to many different factors, but it is worth a try.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
aktravel
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for offering a solution. Unfortunately after two attempts it continues to open with the dreaded blue screen with the 90B error message "cpu fan error. You then must either click enter to continue or the computer shuts down in 15 seconds.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation