cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadMike67
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Can't save downloaded fillable forms and have them remain fillable in Windows 10,

HP Recommended
Envy 860-170VX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not get any frickkin error message. What is interesting is that I can do this on my 10 year old machine that runs VISTA. 

I think somehow Microsoft Edge gets involed when the form is saved and makes it non-fillable when it's saved

3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,992
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MadMike67

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you aren't able to edit files after they are saved into your PC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you try downloading the file from another browser?

When was the last time it worked?

And is that a PDF file?

If it is a PDF file, here's a link from the Adobe site: Click here for details. 

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MadMike67
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have tried using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Using Edge do download the forms renders them non-fillable immediately. Edge is the problem. Edge somehow enters the process when I try to save a  form which is fillable when I download it using Google Chrome. The form downloaded using Chrom is fillable but when I try to save it Edge somehow interjects itself and the saved form is no longer fillable and any info that I entered when it was fillable disappears.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,992
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MadMike67

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Did you check the link I had shared from Adobe, did that help in any way?

That said, I recommend you download Firefox and try downloading files using that as it doesn't share the same script as chrome or edge, it has it's own script and should work without these issues, that said, Which application are you using to read these files once you've saved them on the PC?

Eager to help,

Please reply with the details for further assistance

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation