KeithL2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Computer Randomly Restarts

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All in One 24 r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a couple of HP Pavilions All-in-One 24-r0xx. Occassionally they randomly restart without no warning or message to the user and work is lost. I doubled check the Windows update settings and I do have the option to display a message if it is set to reboot. Also the hours for the Windows update to restart the computer are set outside of normal business hours of operation. The random restarts have happened within this window.

I suspect it is not a hardware issue but an application as there are no error messages. Is there a way to see which apps that will require the machine to restart if updates are performed?

Sorry, I cannot provide specifics to replicate the issue. There is no consistancy to the problem which is why I suspect it is a software issue or a setting that can be changed to prevent it from restarting without user permission or warning.

1 REPLY 1
AmpLighter
Level 5
224 211 8 43
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation