PCViper
Level 1
17 15 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Control Panel - Command Prompt - Microphone

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 750-537cb

Hi all - my month and a half old HP ENVY Desktop - 750-537cb is having several issues.  On the "STart Menu", if I type Control Panel or CMD I can see them, but when I click, they don't open. Others, such as Word do open, but not these. Also, there is no way I can get my microphone to work. Looks like the port on top is a mic/headphone type so I tried the one in the back. No luck at all. I have watched videos, etc., but no way to do it. My also new laptop 360 comes with software, whcih took me a while, but I was able to hook it up. I make videos so I need access to a mic - I have a clip on mic and two regular mics - all need the input port and no luck. Any sugggestions on all these issues? Other than getting a different computer?  🙂

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,010 24,661 2,881 10,661
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PCViper, welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have had some conflicts or glitches that have caused your problem.  I suggest doing a System Recovery using the Recovery software that you made when you bought the computer.  I like to do this at least twice per year.  I always makes my computer run like new.  You can use the option that will save your personal data.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
PCViper
Author
Level 1
17 15 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks - I thought about that, but I am in the middle of a project that I need to complete so I was not prepared for that. At least not in the near future - a week or so.  It sounds like I may need to do so. I just found all the problems odd. Thanks for the good advice. I'm still hoping someone will have a solution to this mess. Too new a computer for all these issues. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation