AmandaAAA
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Desktop envy opening programs by itdelf

HP Recommended
envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My destop envy running windows 10 model K3CEA3D started opening programs itself, it also started zooming up pages by itelf and acting as though someone else was controlling it. Then it went black and I couldn't get it to restart so I did a complete restore.  I got it to start and my data was there but had to get programs again (time consuming and had to buy some again). Anyway it has started doing the same thing again, opening quickbooks over and over, jumping to a different spot on a page, zooming on a page. Jumping elsewhere int he middle of typing something. I read on this forum that people with envy notebooks had the same problem and that they had to get their touchscreen replaced. So questions I have is if the touchscreen is faulty and this is why this is happening, can I even get a touchscreen on a desktop replaced? How much would that cost? Is there just a way to turn off the stup[id touch screen and fix the problem? I don't need it. I see people post different answers to this but if someone can tell me a simple way to turn off the touch screen on my computer I would be most appreciative. Also I know my computer is a few years old but it cost a bit and I really don't feel I should have to buy another because HP sold faulty touchscreen computers. What can I do? Please help. Thanks Amanda

2 REPLIES 2
Pappa_D
Level 2
Level 2
13 12 0 13
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AmandaAAA,

Thaks for post here on the forum.  I'd like to help.

Have you already tried this to disable your touchscreen?  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028019/windows-enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-wind...

Also, I'm wondering if there's a keyboard problem, or some sticking keys.   Do you have another keyboard that you can try?

Thanks in advance,

Papp_D

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
AmandaAAA
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help I followed the steps but when I got to action tab at the top of the window, there was no action tab. However when I left clicked on HID-compliant touch screen an option popped up to disable device which I did. I have not been able to find out how to do this befiore so thank you. I did replace my keyboard and mouse recently because I thought it might be something to do with that as well, but it did not resolve the issue. I do believe it seems to be in one area of the sceen down the bottom left where my compuyter likes to open  things on it's own so I've stopped keeping icons on my desktop there and this has helped a bit, although it still likes to zoom on a page when I'm on the internet sometines. I will see if this disabling pf the touchscreen helps to fix the problem. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation