Xeno22
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Disable Action Keys on Pavilion 24-r057ng

HP Recommended
pavilion 24-r057ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did not find a setting in the BIOS to disable the action keys.

But I really need the Fx key with the normal behaviour!

Is there a way to disable them completely?

6 REPLIES 6
Xeno22
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated BIOS to F.08 Rev.A and still no Action Keys Mode setting 😕

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Xeno22,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the actions keys are not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you download and install the system even utility from the below link and restart the computer. Check if the issue is resolved.

http://hp.care/2CF38sP

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Xeno22
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear @The_Fossette,

Thanks for your response.

The issue is, that the Action Keys ARE working.

I do not want them, they should just behave like the normal F1-F12 keys as on every other keyboard.

My medical software needs the Fxx keys to work properly, and always press the FN+Fxx key is pretty annoying.

I already called the german HP support, and the only solution they gave me was:

> There is no option, but you can send the HP Pavilion to us and get your money back.

I already installed all needed medical software parts, which took a long time. Some external companies were involved (license activation, configuration) and that costs money ... just to find out, that the Fxx keys are not working as expected.

On other HP PCs there is an option in the BIOS to disable the Action Keys, but not on the 24-r057ng.

So is there some software/option/configuration to inverse the Fxx key functionality?

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Xeno22,

Don't worry, you can disable the action keys on your computer.

Please follow the steps in the below article to disable the action keys.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02035108

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Xeno22
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear @The_Fossette,

thanks for your response.

But as I said, the BIOS does not have this setting to disable Action Keys.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Xeno22,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Depending on your keyboard, you may actually have a dedicated “Fn Lock” key. If you don’t, you may have to press the Fn key and then press an “Fn Lock” key to activate it. For example, on the keyboard below, the Fn Lock key appears as a secondary action on the Esc key. To enable it, we’d hold Fn and press the Esc key. To disable it, we’d hold Fn and press Esc again. It functions as a toggle just like Caps Lock does.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation