ECC123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Driver and software updates

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 560
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have not been offered a software of driver update in HP Support Assistant in over a year. I checked the software and driver webpage for my model and there seems to be updates available. Why are updates not being pushed through HP Support Assistant to my desktop?

2 REPLIES 2
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 397
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ECC123

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're unable to install updates from HP Support assistant, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstall the software?

Is your PC connected to the network? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Uninstall the software from Apps and Feature: Click Start > Select Settings > Go to Apps > Select the HP Support Assistant from the list and uninstall it.

Once completed, download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website.

Check for the updates. 

If problems persist, make sure your Internet access is working correctly (that is, you can browse the Internet and view Web pages), and the installed security software (firewall) is not blocking the updates to HP Support Assistant.

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
734 716 33 173
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm in the same boat:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Support-Assistant/m-p/663060...

And never got it to work, i.e. find new updates for my PC.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation