cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Herb12
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Email link problem-Won't stop adding pages. Won't disable except by shutting down computer.

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet p6640f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Last week (about 10 days ago) I had my computer serviced by a local repair shop. Now when I try to send a link by clicking on the three dots (elipsis) at the end of the address field for the dropdown list of   "page actions" I get an unending series of  "Mail to"  addresses. The only way I can stop this is to shut dow the computer. Clicking on the "X" no longer works.  the task scheduler wont display long enough allow the end task button to be used. Has anyone seen this problem/have an answer for how to fix it?  Thanks in advance for your responses.

Computer is wirelessly connected to the router and printer.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,803 32,703 2,976 7,306
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Herb12

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

We're not really equipped here to diagnose email-app-related problems, as these are unique to the specific apps used, and there are LOTS of them.

Your best bet would be to contact the support forum for the email app you are using.

IF you are unsure of that, then  a second approach would be to post on the community Windows 7 forums -- as folks there might have personal experience with the app you are using and be able to provide a solution:  https://www.sevenforums.com/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation