cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gina16
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Excel issue...excel no longer works properly.

HP Recommended
hp bv546aa#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I click in a cell in Excel and try to drag it over a range of cells, to copy and paste, my cursor won't move.  If I click in the cell numerous times, my cursor skips to a random cell on the spreadsheet.  Sometimes I can get it to work, other times I cannot.  Sometimes my cursor tries to move the information.  It is very frustrating.  Is there some way to fix this?  I continally hit escape when I click in the cell.  At times that helps, other tiimes it won't.  Any ideas for a fix? This just started happening within the last two weeks. Thanks for any recommendations.

2 REPLIES 2
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Do you feel that it is a Microsoft Problem or a HP driver issue?

Personally I would try LibreOffice and see if that spreadsheet has similar problems, if so it is potentially a HP driver issue, otherwise a Microsoft and a re-install of Office might cure it.

0 Kudos
Gina16
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Actually, I did an uninstall of Office 2013, then re-installed. Then uninstalled 2013 and upgraded to 2016. Neither worked. My husband came across a brand new mouse and suggested trying it. Believe it, or not....that worked!!! I was on my way to buying a new computer because I thought I had a virus!!! Check your mouse!!!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation