Petlex67
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Getting invalid message for purchased extended warranty

HP Recommended
510-p030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I purchased 2 of the 3 year extended HP Care Packs for two different desktops. When I entered the serial number from the sticker on the card, I get "invalid serial number" message. The number given to call for questions lists hours of 8am to 10pm central, Monday-Friday. The office was already closed before the package arrived and today is Saturday. Any idea as to why it's not working? Did I do something wrong? Also, should both warranties have the same serial number? Thank you in advance for any help you may provide with this.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,947 31,652 2,905 10,626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Petlex67

I can offer the following:

As I recall, CarePack warranties are now registered automatically -- this means (unlike years past), it is not necessary to register the CarePack service.

That being said, it may be that CarePack warranty still comes with its own "serial number" to identify the particular warranty package.

Use the computer's own Serial Number to view Warranty information.

Try the following -- Use the "multiple system check" and use the Serial Number from each of the computers for which you purchased the CarePack warranty.

Reminder:  Use the "multiple system check" (Continue button) even if you are only checking one device.

Warranty Check

Use this method to check your single system or multiple systems:

> Open the Warranty check webpage

>  Select your Country

>  Click Check your product warranty

>  Scroll down:  Select / Click Check multiple warranties box "Continue"

>  Enter the information for one or more systems to be checked

>  For each system checked, use each computer's own Serial Number and Product Number

Reference:

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation