cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captain_nemo44
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Graphic Programs don't find Picture Subfolders on data drive.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-00xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This  new PC came with various partitions and drives. The ones I am concerned about are the  C:drive (a small SSD 125 gigs) and the  D:drive named the "Data Drive" (1 tera bites). The Graphics programs auto installed on the C:drive which used up a lot of the disc space. Hence it made sense to install my large picture and video files files (saved on old PC in  "My Pictures" which had several main subfolders and include many other subfolders with the pictures and videos in them, on the data drive.

Unfortunately,  all the graphics programs, when the D:drive is selected, only see a few unfiled pics or videos that still reside in  "My Pictures" . They seem to be unable to recognize the main subfolders and the secondary subfolders that my pictures are actuall stored in. I know they are there because I can go to the D:drive select the "My Pictures" folder and view the files in the other folders and subfolders. Any one have any ideas about how to get other programs to see these folders and pictures?

Thans in advance, Dave 

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,787 6,770 639 1,531
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

I am not a proponent of having a small boot SSD combined with a larger capacity platter HDD.

You will fill the small SSD fast. You have to split system files and data files across the small SSD and the larger platter HDD or you will see what has happened to you.

This creates unnecessary complexity. This creates system recovery issues.

My solution is to back up data before doing the following:

Buy a 1 TB or greater volume SSD. Install W10 clean on the new 1 TB SSD or create a HP OS recovery USB stick and recover the HP factory OS using this USB stick to the new 1 TB SSD.

This is not an easy fix but it should solve the problem.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation