Did you mean: 
KDscribbler
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HDMI issue

HP Recommended
HP 2159m

I have an HP 2159m moniter and im trying to hook an xbox 360 s through hdmi, which both have ports for. But once i hook it up , there is no display on moniter. How do I fix? Or is there something I am missing . 

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,508
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KDscribbler,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP community. A good day to you. You area valued HP customer and it is important to address the situation here. I will be honored to assist you here. I see that you have posted here for the first time. Great description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Did you check the product specifications of the monitor to see if the HDMI version of the XBox is supported by the monitor?
  • DId you check with another HDMI cable?
  • DId you connect the XBox to a TV via HDMI and check if it works to isolate the issue further?
  • You need to use the same version of HDMI that is supported by the monitor.

For now, try these steps:

• Connect this monitor to another device like a Windows-based machine via HDMI. Then check if there is a display.
  • Try connecting using a different HDMI cable.
  • Connect the XBox to a TV via an HDMI cable and check if there is an output.

Here we are only proving the functionality of the monitor. if it works with another device like a Windows-based machine for the XBox you need to contact Microsoft to check the XBox settings and its compatibility with the monitor.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation