ElizaE
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy desktop does not go to sleep mode after automatic updates

HP Recommended
HP desktop Envy

Hello!

My computer was a good boy and used to go to the sleep mode easily till May 2017. Then, after an automatic update, it lost that ability and I tried so many things with the settings but never made it work. Sometime in August after an automatic update my desktop again became a good boy and went to the sleep mode whenever I asked it to do....

By the way, I am using Windows 10.

Sometime in early September 2017, guess what? It was an automatic update, and my computer does not sleep again....

What to do? If this is the issue obviously appearing after the automatic updates, then why should I experience that again and again? Why don't they start providing quality udates?

What can be done to fix the issue and avoid it in future???

Thank you!!!

2 REPLIES 2
MuthuSarkan
Level 4
Level 4
146 144 9 24
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I am a part of Hp inc Employee i will give the link it,s use full for you please follow the link  below

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03383935  Steps for updates

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
ElizaE
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try the link with Steps for updates link because the first one does not work.

I have tried the manipulations with settings so far and it never worked. Perhaps, I need to download additional updates.

When I do that, I will let you know... The issue is that I do not have internet at home, it's not possible at the moment, so I need to visit a friend with my desktop when me and my friend both can find convenient time for that.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation