CaliJonathan
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Health Check BadImageFormatException

HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-f1298cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit but I took advantage of Microsoft's free upgrade to Windows 10.

There is a scheduled task to run PC Health Analysis from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\ActiveCheck\product_line folder. Every Sunday, Microsoft Visual Studio catches exceptions from some of the software.

Obviously I can disable the scheduled task. I'm wondering what kind of support HP has to fix the issue.

Visual studio exceptions from HP PC Health CheckVisual studio exceptions from HP PC Health Check

3 REPLIES 3
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @CaliJonathan, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you run a health check on your PC you are getting error HP Health Check BadImageFormatException.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you need to know how to listen audio from your amplifier and headphone at the same time.

Try the steps recommended below.

(Advanced users) If you have Visual Studio installed (or you had it installed previously and removed it), disable Just-in-Time debugging and try to run the app again.
If you are running a web app in Internet Explorer, disable script debugging.
Disable script debugging in the Internet Options dialog box. You can access this from the Control Panel / Network and Internet / Internet Options (the exact steps depend on your version of Windows and Internet Explorer).

Re-open the web page where you found the error. If this does not resolve the issue, contact the owner of the web app to fix the issue.

If you are running another type of Windows app, you will need to contact the owner of the app to fix the error, and then re-install the fixed version of the app.

You can enable or disable Just-In-Time debugging from the Visual Studio Tools / Options dialog box.
To enable or disable Just-In-Time debugging
Open Visual Studio. On the Tools menu, click Options.
In the Options dialog box, select the Debugging folder.
In the Debugging folder, select the Just-In-Time page.
In the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box, select or clear the relevant program types: Managed, Native, or Script.
To disable Just-In-Time debugging, once it has been enabled, you must be running with Administrator privileges. Enabling Just-In-Time debugging sets a registry key, and Administrator privileges are required to change that key.
Click OK.

The error tells you the problem, there are two actually:
1. you've installed the service in debug mode instead of release
2. the account under which you're running it has no rights to debug (or maybe even start) the service.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
CaliJonathan
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for attempting to solve this issue.

"As you mentioned you need to know how to listen audio from your amplifier and headphone at the same time."

Since I never mentioned anything about audio or amplifiers or headphones, I'm just going to assume that the above statement in your response was a copy and paste error from other help requests.

I have read the rest of your response. I'm not sure you understand the issue at hand. Please allow me to attempt to clarify.

I realize that the Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger does not have the necessary security permissions and reports an error message requesting Administrator permissions.  However, I have no desire to debug the faulty HP PC Health Check software.

The problem is that the HP software generates a BadImageFormatException. That error is typically associated with trying to run 64-bit applications in a 32-bit environment.

Since the software is installed in the Program Files (x86) path, that would make no sense. Why would 64-bit software be installed in a 32-bit path?

I did not install the HP software. It was part of the initial software provided by HP when I purchased the computer.

To my knowledge, I have not upgraded that software. I don't even know what it does.

Yes, I can disable Just-In-Time Debugging. That doesn't fix the HP PC Health Check software.

Yes, I can disable the HP PC Health Check scheduled task. I assume the software was developed and installed on my computer by HP to be helpful. I want to let it be helpful.

The questions to answer are:

Is there a way to specify to the Task Scheduler or the operating system to run the HP PC Health Check executables in the proper mode to not throw that exception?

Is there an update to the HP PC Health Check software to properly run on a 64-bit Windows 10 operating system?

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CaliJonathan, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

HP System Health Scan is a very old software and there are no updates available for this software. And it's been replaced by HP support assistant software.

So uninstall the HP system health scan software from control panel programs and install HP support assistant on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation