Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Mouse Control Center says "No Device Found"

HP Recommended
HP X3500 Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Mouse Control Center says no device found even after restarting. I have HP X3500 wireless mouse.

3 REPLIES 3
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,785 26,658 1,466 1,535
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RisavSarkar2305

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting connectivity issues with the wireless mouse. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you replace the batteries in the mouse?
  • When was the last time it was working fine?
  • Did you try this wireless mouse on another computer?
  • Are you using this mouse on an HP computer, if yes(Notebook or desktop)

Meanwhile

Update the BIOS

Updating the BIOS, also known as "flashing the BIOS," replaces the BIOS firmware. When completed successfully, a BIOS update can fix or enhance aspects of a computer's performance, or provide support for newly installed hardware.

Click here if you are using this mouse on an HP notebook

Re-sync the mouse connection

Re-synchronizing the mouse causes the devices to reconnect to the receiver using new identification numbers.

• You must complete the following connection sequence within 60 seconds. If you do not complete the sequence in 60 seconds, start over.
  • Disconnect the wireless receiver from the USB slot.
  • Wait 10 seconds and push the receiver back into place, making sure to push it in as far as it will go. If the receiver has an LED indicator, the activity light on the receiver comes on and then goes off within five seconds.
  • If the issues remain after reseating the wireless receiver, try another USB port. If the wireless receiver is connected to the back of your desktop computer, try a USB port on the front of the computer if it has one.
  • If problems continue, move the mouse and receiver to another computer. If the mouse does not work on that computer, one of the items in the hardware set (mouse and receiver) might be defective or might not be transmitting a signal that matches the other devices. The devices might need to be replaced.

Update the driver

Click here and refer the HP document to update the driver with recovery manager.

You can also refer this document for more assistance on this.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

RisavSarkar2305
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The mouse is working just fine and i have fresh batteries. Only thing is that HP Mouse Control Center (or suite) says that no device found even if the mouse is connected....but my mouse is working and i have not problem with the working of the mouse. I am in desktop windows 10.

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,785 26,658 1,466 1,535
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RisavSarkar2305

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Use the different mouse and Uninstall mouse driver and restart the computer.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Select Device Manager in the menu.

Device Manager

4. right click on mice and other pointing devices and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer, it will automatically install the driver.

Create a new user account

• Select the Start button, then select Settings  > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC

• Enter a username, password, password hint, and then select Next.

• Restart the computer and log in to it and check if that works.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation