AndrewTX
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Orbit doesn't show pairing code

HP Recommended
Pavilion 750
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to use HP Oribt on my Windows 10 desktop to pair with an iPhone 8. The issue is that the Oribt app on the desktop will not display the pairing code.  Both the desktop and the iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network. 

Desktop details:

Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS Build 17134.48

HP Orbit App 3.5.171.271

Device

iPhone 8

iOS v11.2

Obit app version 2.2

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,754 92,632 11,993 25,565
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AndrewTX

>>> Obit app version 2.2

Please try newer version on your phone

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/hp-orbit/id1140275542?mt=8

and the following on on your computer

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79282.exe

Note: start from computer.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
AndrewTX
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but version 2.2 is the latest on the app store.  Downloading the file from the FTP site had no effect. The Orbit app on the PC still did not display a pairing code. 

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,754 92,632 11,993 25,565
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AndrewTX

I don't use HP Orbit but having a test your question I installed HP Orbit on 3 devices: one Laptop (W10 1803, one Samsung tablet and an iPhone 6 (sorry I don't use iSomething, my iPhone 6 is from work and I have no other choice)  and they all work perfectly.

Your phone is an iPhone 8, I think it should be same result.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation