Intern
65 33 0 2
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

HP 570-p088
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Folks i ahve a PC Desktop which came with HP Orbit installed, howeevr having downloaded the App to my mobile phone and then tried satrting the Desktop prog, how do i find the desktop 5 figure link to place on my mobile.

Regards david

8 REPLIES 8
Provost Provost
Provost
104,581 98,554 15,344 23,588
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

Hi, David:

See if this guide is of help to you...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084237

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
65 33 0 2
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

Paul i get as far as step 3, my computer PC doesn't want to give me a code # to input into my android device WHY

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

Unfortunately, I don't know.

I downloaded the Orbit PC app and the android app and it paired my devices and a code popped up in a window on the PC to enter into my Samsung Android tablet.

I didn't have any trouble.  It worked just as the link indicated.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
65 33 0 2
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

could you please explain why i have to download the PC app when its already on my desktop in Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

You don't need to download the Orbit PC app, because it is already installed on your PC.

You do need to download the android app and install it on your tablet/phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.orbit

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
65 33 0 2
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

Paul i have alreday downloaded the Mobile phone app, but for some reason hte Desktop  dosn't want to give me a code to input into my Android Phone. I hope you understand my porblem.

David

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

Hi, David:

Yes, I understand the problem you are having, but I don't know what about it.

As I posted before, with both the PC and android apps installed, I sat by my PC with the tablet on, opened the PC app, it found my samsung tablet and when I clicked to connect to my tablet, a window on the PC opened and provided me a code to enter into my tablet.

I just tried the orbit app out for fun.   I have no intention of using it.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
65 33 0 2
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Orbit not working

Paul, I am still unhappy with the outcome so far, The HP Orbit is already on my PC having been pre-installed and my Mobile phone has it installed but when i start the procedure, and it's linked to my Wifi  on both systems nothing appears to happen, is it wise to Uninstall the HP orbit from my PC, and if so where can i get an Up-to-date copy, or would it be best to Modify from the Control Panel, it maybe that my PC and my Mobile phone are working on different versions.

David

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation