StuKo
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP PC Diagnostics test stops progressing at 2nd step

HP Recommended
HP Support Assistant
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently downloaded the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics. It installed properly.

I've tried running the System Fast Test twice. Both times, it passed the first step and then stopped progressing 10% of the way into the Video Memory Fast Check. I let it idle for over an hour and nothing happened. A couple programs were running in the background (skype, firefox, slack) but I wasn't actively doing anything on the computer.

I rebooted the computer between attempts. My OS is up to date, as is the HP assistant.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You have not provided an HP product number. So I don't know if you need UEFI or Legacy HP diagnostics.

You should run HP hardware diagnostics offline.

Download HP Diagnostics at this site. Install to a USB stick or follow directions at this site to run currently installed diagnostics from the HDD.

Or boot to the USB stick if you download the latest version at the above site.. Run full system tests.

Tom

0 Kudos
StuKo
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

X6F75AA#ABL is the product number (for the HP Support Assistant).

I don't have a USB stick handy. Are you saying I can't run the program directly from my computer, or that it needs to be run from a USB to figure out what's wrong with the version that's on my computer?

My computer is working 100% fine - it's only the HP PC Diagnostics that appears to be broken.

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Follow the instructions at the site link in previous post to run HP Diagnostics at boot.

Tom

0 Kudos
StuKo
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What exactly am I diagnosing?

The only program having trouble running on my computer is the HP PC Diagnostics tool. Am I running diagnostics to see what's wrong with the diagnostics?

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi StuKo

Good question.

Don't worry, be happy if your PC is running good.

Tom

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation