2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP SetUp Manager Blocked.

HP s5-1126
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I unblock the HP SetUP Manager?  I got this message:

"This app has been blocked for your protection".

Program Name:  hpDST.exe

File Origin:  Hard Drive on this computer

Program Location:  C:\Program Files (x86)Hewlett-Packard\Set Up Manager\hpDST.exe

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
rayebrown
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The exact same thing is happening to me and I don't want to have to download the entire software package for my 8500. I am not even sure if that will work as I still have a copy of an old download and it won't run either with the same error message. The printer works, but the solution center doesn't so I can't scan to my PC. I can scan to my wife's but not mine?

0 Kudos
VMK3
Level 1
8 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product Name: HP Pavilion h8-1234
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am now having this same problem.  My computer crashed, it got very slow and was locking up.  It allowed me to make "Data Backup" discs, it used five discs.  Then it totally went black screen and nothing!  I did a full reinstall of factory discs.  Before all this my HP SetUp Manager had worked just fine, now...

When I click the program/app, I get: 

"This app has been blocked for your protection".

Program Name:  hpDST.exe

File Origin:  Hard Drive on this computer

Program Location:  C:\Program Files (x86)Hewlett-Packard\Set Up Manager\hpDST.exe

I also want to know how can I unblock the HP SetUP Manager? 

0 Kudos
Jingyansu
Level 3
13 11 5 9
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 brings a host of security enhancements to prevent unauthorized intrusion into the operating system (OS) and user files. However, this mechanism could sometimes block or flag legitimate programs and apps from functioning properly. Below solution will definitely work. 

Follow this:

Step 1: Right click on Windows logo and open Command Prompt (Admin).

Step 2: Now type “net user administrator /active:yes” and press enter. You will see the successful message.

Step 3: Now Sign Out. Then find the “Administrator” account on the bottom left.

Step 4: Now click and sign in on Administrator account. It’s takes time to setting up apps.

Step 5: Now find your Software or .exe that you want to install.

Step 6: As you have already logged into the Administrator account, theSmartScreen protection will be disabled and the installation should complete successfully.

Step 7: After installing your software, now sign out from Administrator account and sign-in again to your Original Account.

Step 8: That’s it, now check out the software or app that was installed on “hidden Administrator” account.

Step 9:Now it’s time to Disable Hidden Administrator Account. OpenCommand prompt (Admin)and type below command,

net user administrator /active:no

That’s it. You can use this method whenever you run into installation issues. 

Source: https://techyuga.com/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection

Note: I have written this article. 

rayebrown
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks much for the info. Unfortunately, I removed the HP8500 and bought a Brother printer that worked just fine.

I will keep the info if I ever have that problem again.

Ray

0 Kudos
jan1000
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jingyansu wrote:

Windows 10 brings a host of security enhancements to prevent unauthorized intrusion into the operating system (OS) and user files. However, this mechanism could sometimes block or flag legitimate programs and apps from functioning properly. Below solution will definitely work. 

Follow this:

Step 1: Right click on Windows logo and open Command Prompt (Admin).

Step 2: Now type “net user administrator /active:yes” and press enter. You will see the successful message.

Step 3: Now Sign Out. Then find the “Administrator” account on the bottom left.

Step 4: Now click and sign in on Administrator account. It’s takes time to setting up apps.

Step 5: Now find your Software or .exe that you want to install.

Step 6: As you have already logged into the Administrator account, theSmartScreen protection will be disabled and the installation should complete successfully.

Step 7: After installing your software, now sign out from Administrator account and sign-in again to your Original Account.

Step 8: That’s it, now check out the software or app that was installed on “hidden Administrator” account.

Step 9:Now it’s time to Disable Hidden Administrator Account. OpenCommand prompt (Admin)and type below command,

net user administrator /active:no

That’s it. You can use this method whenever you run into installation issues. 

Source: https://techyuga.com/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection

Note: I have written this article. 

The workaround doesn't work for me. I get the "administrator has blocked..." error message even when logged into the administrator account. Help please.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation