damascus2
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Solutions Assistant doesn't install drivers; can't uninstall

HP Recommended
260-a020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP support assistant downloads but doesn't install anything. HP Support Assistant is not listed in software so I can't uninstall it. Downloading SA from HP site gives message that I already have the latest version. If it doesn't work, I want it off.

3 REPLIES 3
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @damascus2,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 🙂 
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand that you are having an issue with HP Support Assistant as it downloads the updates but does not install it.

I will glad to help you with your HP Slimline Desktop - 260-a020.

The HP Support Assistant is recommended for all HP computers to assist with computer maintenance, software upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and many other options. HP does not recommend removing HP Support Assistant. If you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant follow the below steps.

• In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program
  • On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.
  • Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
  • Restart your computer to complete the process.

You can refer to this article to further troubleshoot other HP Support Assistant related issues.

Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
damascus2
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please check my original post. There is no entry for HP Support Assistant in Delete Programs.

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@damascus2, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you don't see an entry in uninstall programs for HP support assistant.

I would suggest you use Revo uninstaller and uninstall the HPSA from root level and install the latest version of HPSA.

Also, update the BIOS on your PC and check it helps.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation