Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessejamestw23
Level 2
39 23 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant: Not downloading important updates from HP.

HP Recommended
550-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Support Assistant installed on my PC.

Why doesnt it install important updates from HP when they are available?

11 REPLIES 11
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,111 2,619 4,011
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted.

Did you know that HPSA redirects application updates based on model-series and is not specific to your computer?

(Basically, the application gets updates based on the entire series, is not specific to your serial number, hence there are certain updates that can be skipped)

Although, if your applications aren't working and the updates are necessary, make sure you download the latest version available for HPSA from the Official HPSA website.

If yes, please follow the below steps to ensure the options are not set to Never :

1. Open HP Support Assistant and click the Settings button.
  2. On the Health Analysis tab, select "Every day or week" from the Frequency drop-down list, and then click Save.
  3. Click the Tuneup tab, select the "your preference" from the Frequency drop-down list, and then click Save.
  4. Restart the computer and try again.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jessejamestw23
Author
Level 2
39 23 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will definitely check it out. I apologize for the late reply. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,517
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23,

I read your post. Thanks for your response. As @iddle_Decipher is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Please try the steps and get back with the results. I hope things work great.

Thanks and have a blessed weekend.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jessejamestw23
Author
Level 2
39 23 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having issues understanding what @iddle_Decipher is saying to do in the tuneup tab. I don't see a tuneup tab.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

If you've already removed the current HP support assistant and reinstalled the latest version of the same, yet the option is missing and you are not able to download the updates, make sure your Internet access is working correctly (that is, you can browse the Internet and view Web pages), and the installed security software (firewall) is not blocking the updates to HP Support Assistant.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jessejamestw23
Author
Level 2
39 23 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can I determine if Norton (My Antivirus Provider) is blocking the updates from installing through HP Support Assistant?

Also, I have another problem. After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update or previous feature updates, my B&O Sound is not sounding right. It doesn't sound like the premium sound that Bang & Olufsen puts out. My B&O Play application is there. Is there a software update avaialble for B&O?

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23

Thank you for replying with this detailed response,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The best way to identify that is by temporarily disabling the Antivirus program and then checking if the HP Support Assistant is downloading the software you need,

Also, about the audio drivers/software, if there are any updates as such released for it, you should be able to see it on the HP website: Click here to find and install it (if available).

you may want to disable the audio compression to resolve the issue with audio quality:

1. Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
  2. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio. This is the device driver for BeatsAudio (a little bit sneaky, wouldn’t you say?).
  3. Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  8. In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  9. At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  10. In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
  11. At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
  12. Enjoy your music now with no compression

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jessejamestw23
Author
Level 2
39 23 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer has 2 sorts of sound devices. It has sound coming from the 2 speakers that are attached via USB to the computer. But it also has sound that comes from the monitor. I can switch it from the speakers or the monitor. However, if i switch it to the monitor, there is no sound.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,517
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23,

I read your response. Thanks for the quick update. Your brilliant troubleshooting skills and terrific efforts are amply appreciated, Kudos to you for a job well done.

As @Riddle_Decipher is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Did you perform all the steps suggested by the previous colleague of mine?

For now, let me check on a few things here. Is the monitor that is connected to the computer a third-party monitor or an HP monitor?

Have you tried this monitor on a different computer to check if there is audio loss while switching?

Please let me know these details to assist you correctly.

Thanks and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation