Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP Support Framework flashing window

HP Recommended
HP SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP SFF Desktop, running Windows 7 (64)

HP Officejet 6830

Computer is having a LOT of CPU Interrups, causing loss of Mouse and Keyboard functions, programs not loading, etc.

Roughly every 2:30 Minutes, a Black Window Opens advising HP Support Solutions Framework Service. exe, in in the Install phase of installation.  This window stays open very briefly.  

I have uninstalled ALL HP software, then reloaded on the Driver necessary to operate my HP Officejet 6830.

At times, my computer is unusable, due to this continuious, CPU Interrups, etc.

If I cannot get this problem fixed soon, the answer will be to ditch the HP Printer, and move to another brand.

8 REPLIES 8
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,683 427 603
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BBilly,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Support Solutions Framework wherein it shows high CPU usage.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you uninstall HP Support Framework and HP Support Assistant from Programs and Features in control panel and then install the latest version from the link: http://hp.care/2s6JrWy

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
BBilly
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried to Uninstall it several times, but it keeps coming back "Ts application Could Not be Uninstalled Because HP Supp Asst Requires it.

0 Kudos
BBilly
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only other prog that I can uninstall is HP Officejet 6830 Basic Dev Software, but that will kill the whole printer.

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,683 427 603
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BBilly,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that HP Support Assistant does not uninstall.

This issue could occur if the HP Support Assistant files are corrupted.

You may search on Google for Revo Uninstaller to remove this program and then install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the link: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
BBilly
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded the Revo Uninstaller, and it would Not uninstall the HP Support Solutions Framework either.  I am thinking about purchasing the Pro Version, just to see if that would make a difference.

I uninstalled ALL of the HP Software that I could, then tried to uninstall the Support Solutions Framework.  No joy.

I do not consider myself competent enough to go into the Registry.

I can't imagine why someone would design a program like this, and give it such security against being uninstalled.

If anyone has a suggestion, I am open for it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BBilly,

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
BBilly
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your list of things to do and was very optimistic that it would work.  Wrong.  No joy. 

I had removed as much HP Software as possible, but the Support Solutions Framework was still there.

So I went back to Revo Uninstaller one more time and tried it again.  Still no luck.  I went back to Revo Uninstaller and studied it for a few minutes, and realized that I could download a free copy of Revo Uninstaller Pro, that seemed to offer a few more choices.

I did the download, and turned it loose on Support Solutions Framework.  It showed me some additional files that I had not seen before.  Deleted them.  It also showed me a lot of items in the Registry.  Took a big gamble, and Deleted all of them.

SUCCESS!!  So far, no more flashing Black Window showing SS Framework attempting to load.  Computer seems a LOT more stable.  Mouse and Keyboard seem to work consistently as they should.

I think that I have finally killed it.  And I sincerely appreciate your help, and anyone else who contributed.

Many Thanks!!

MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,539
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BBilly

Hi,

as @The_Fossette is out of the office, I'm replying to you. 

You're most welcome. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue and resolving it. Kudos to you for that.

I truly appreciate the efforts you have shown to fix the issue and hope it stays that way. 

Feel free to keep us posted for any assistance in future. Take care. Good luck! 🙂

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation