eandeacres
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP wireless mouse sticks when clicking

HP Recommended
HP CT FDDJAOBCP7OK7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Theis mouse worked reperfect for the past while but now the left click button want to stick. the following number are on the underside of the mouse that runs our wire HP Pavilion 23 computer.

HP P/N 704220-001

CT FDDJAOBCP7TOK7

Can I get a replacement mouse for our system... or is there an upgraded verion to purchase?  Thanks

Ernie Fast

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eandeacres,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from the post you are having issues with the Wireless mouse sticks on left click. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Do you have an issue with the left click stopped working or is it left click stuck?

Have you tried to clean the sticky mouse?

Have you tried changing the batteries on the wireless mouse?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Reset the wireless receiver or try another USB port. It is recommended that the USB receiver is placed away from USB 3.0 flash drive and USB 3.0 external hard drives.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless mouse issues.

If the issue still persists try checking the wireless mouse with a different PC and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists try the mouse on a different PC, it is a hardware issue please contact HP support for service options.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation