cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew381
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Had to reset pc. How do I reinstall pre loaded microsoft office?

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I reinstall a pre loaded microsoft office following a reset?

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,809 92,687 12,002 25,589
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andrew381

There are many version of Office, do you remember which one ? Normally you have to contact Microsoft to get it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Andrew381
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have tried to download from Microsoft using the key code from the side of the machine but they refer us back to HP saying it's a Pre purchased product by manufacturer 

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,774 5,014
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andrew381,

What is the exact model number of this unit?  What was the original OS?

Appendum: after 24 hours I decided to add this.  source document webpage.

If you're having problems with your PC, you can try to refresh, reset, or restore it. Refreshing your PC reinstalls Windows and keeps your personal files and settings. It also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Windows Store. Resetting your PC reinstalls Windows but deletes your files, settings, and apps—except for the apps that came with your PC. Restoring your PC is a way to undo recent system changes you've made.

So what we have here is a misunderstanding of the definition.  What exactly did you do?

PS<> you said a "key code" on the side of the unit.  The last time I saw a Product Key (that code you referenced) was on a WIN 7 machine.  Your premise of key code is also invalid, because that code would be the 25 character Product Key for the installed OS.  It has NO relationship to a Microsoft Product Key for Office.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation