Flag Post

Help, Recover Preinstalled Software?

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-c100 All-in-One Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi all

Product number: C1A83AV#ABA

I had to do a factory restore after serious issues with my pc

Ive now noticed the software which came pre installed on the system isnt there anymore.

I clicked on the Office icon, and it wanted a product key. But that was to install office.

Can somebody please advise me on where i can find the details of the software which came installd on my system and then where i will be able to go to download them again. 

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,008 24,659 2,878 10,660
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@johnrw, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  In the section titled "Included Software", near the bottom of the page, is a list of the software that came with the computer.  Unfortunately, most of the software is Value-Added (put on the computer by the developer) and is not replaceable.  If you actually paid for some of the software you can contact the developer to see what can be done.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
kingtopcat
Level 4
142 139 10 22
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi to you as well johnrw Welcome to your forum: I suggest you go to factory manager & see if an option exists on its primary page that enables you to reinstall whatever software apps that was included with your model

if not consult your spec sheet to see if it's listed(usually located toward the bottom of the document) if found then write everything down go to the apps webpage to see if you can down load the purloined problem programs to your computer

when I 1st got on line during the summer I found all my apps & their updates as well there waiting to be reunited with my pc if needed

hope this enlightens, behoove as well as being the final solution to this kerfuffle

if in vain or if you wish further education in computing feel free to ring our digital doorbell 

we'll come to it to let you back in your cyber sanctuary 24/7/365.25

kingtopcat

0 Kudos
johnrw
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Down at the bottom is the choice () Microsoft Office Professional 2010 + Adobe Acrobat X which was the choice I made for mine. That's what is missing from the factory restore.

0 Kudos
johnrw
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no idea what you mean by Factory Manager?

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,008 24,659 2,878 10,660
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@johnrw wrote:

Down at the bottom is the choice () Microsoft Office Professional 2010 + Adobe Acrobat X which was the choice I made for mine. That's what is missing from the factory restore.

Thank you for the additional information, @johnrw.

I suggest that you contact Microsoft's Customer Support for help with recovering MS Office.  HP is not able to provide you with this software.  Microsoft won't allow them to do so.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
johnrw
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's the last time I get any preinstalled software from hp. I was able to buy a key on the web for $20.00 so not as big a disaster as I thought. I did contact Microsoft, and they hoped i had a Microsoft account tied to my Office installation which I apparently did not... so it was no joy there as well.

0 Kudos
ikofig1
6 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same issue.  Would you please provide information about how you were able to buy a product key for MS Office?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation