Level 2
22 16 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

How can reinstall HP simple pass ?

HP Recommended
23-p030na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This machine was bought with windows 8...... I upgraded to 8.1 then windows 10.

Yesterday I had to do a factory reset, [it wasn't there on the comp then] and downloaded windows  8.1 then windows 10 again and I wanted to use simple pass to sign in but I coundn't find it anywhere!

I don't mean the fingerprint software. It is for the HP23 all-in-one desktop

I have opened device manage to see if the biometrics icon was there but it isn't so I am not able to update the driver if it was there!

Woe is me!

How can I reinstall it please? If it possible to install it again!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,326 122,503 20,139 30,886
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 version of the Simplepass software works for you...

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

8.01.53 Rev.A   Mar 18, 2016   Windows 10 (64-bit)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75196.exe

0 Kudos
ukmashy
Author
Level 2
22 16 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there!

I downloaded the file but windows would't allow it to be opened so I opened it anyway. Sad thing is it would not unpack as windows said the file was corrupted?

thanks for trying anyway......

BTW. Aftr reviwing your resonse to my question I realised the link you sent is for note books and FINGERPRINTS!

My problem is with the simplepass file for the program that uses numbers. NOT fingerprint!!!

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that file didn't work for you.

Try this slightly older W10 version instead.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe

0 Kudos
ukmashy
Author
Level 2
22 16 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this file for fingerprint? If it is it is not nuch use to me but i'll try it anyway!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes that is the only thing the simplepass software is good for.

I was wondering why you wanted it on a desktop PC.

0 Kudos
ukmashy
Author
Level 2
22 16 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP came with it already installed. This is what the problemis! After the reset and allowed everything t settle down. I went to look for the program but is was not there with the new installation?

Dunno what happened. I was hoping it would come down with the download of win 10.

Never mind. It isn't the end of the world, is it?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP 350 G1 notebook also came with the simplepass software and it doesn't have a fingerprint reader.

Some of the 350 G1's have fingerprint readers, so I guess when HP makes an image they put a lot of stuff on there we really don't need.

If your PC does not have a fingerprint reader, having that software is just taking up valuable drive space.

The first thing I did when I saw that software was on my PC, I uninstalled it, as simplepass is of absolutly no value to any PC that doesn't have a fingerprint reader.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation