Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lirianna
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How to delete an HP Support Assistant profile?

HP Recommended

I need to delete an old HP Support Assistant profile that I no longer use.  How do I do that?

3 REPLIES 3
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,511
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Lirianna,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding assistance with uninstalling HP support assistant that you no longer use. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to remove HP support assistant from control panel programs and features?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the unit with the operating system installed to assist you better.

For now please try these links and check if this helps.

Some of these are third party links. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as these are third party links meant only for viewing information and following instructions.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Lirianna
Author
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My problem is that I have 2 HP Assistant profiles, each with a different email address. I need to delete the old one. I want to keep the current one and have all my HP devices on the current profile. When I was trying to get logged in, st some point I saw a screen that offered "Delete this profile". I need to find that screen again. How do I get there?
0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,511
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Lirianna,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. I thank you for the super quick reply.  You've done great. You've displayed fabulous temperament, infinite patience coupled with great technical competence to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

What you need to do here is to unsubscribe from the other email the one that you don't want to you and that should do the trick for you.

This link: http://hp.care/2fZq2VZ  on how to use HP support assistant and manage profiles may assist you. Please check these options out.

• Changing HP Support Assistant settings
  • My Devices - Specifications, troubleshooting, and device specific information
  • My Services - Manage your subscribed services
  • Support - Find HP support options
  • Profile - Update your HP Passport profile

This should do the trick for you. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation